In this video we will explain how to create a workday schedule in GoTime Cloud, your cloud-based time tracking software.
What is a Workday in GoTime Cloud?
A workday defines each employees working time, when a work shift begins, when a work shift ends, and manages delays or the different employees shifts. GoTime Cloud allows us to define several kinds of shifts: if an employee does one shift only or several shifts. If the shifts are fixed by calendar or variable, or night shifts.
What type of shifts can you configure in GoTime Cloud?
In GoTime Cloud there are three types of shifts.
- Day Shift: This applies when the employee punches are produced in the same date. Is the most common.
- Night Shift: Applies to shifts where the “Out” punch has a date corresponding with the next day the “In” punch was produced.
- Rotation Shift: Especial case. This shift does not accept any configuration. It simply has up to three shifts (day or night), which rotate according the employee punches.
What is a session?
A session is an uninterrupted period of time between the hours that define the workday. GoTime Cloud allows every workday to have one or two sessions. Every
- Start Entry: Time where it is considered the employee has not came early.
- End Entry: Time where it is considered the employee came late.
- Session start: Time where the session starts. All periods are justified with this time, either delay or an early entrance. If the “Session start” it’s at 09:00 and the “End Entry” at 09:10, if the employee comes at 09:30 the program will calculate 30 minutes delay.
- Start exit: Time from where it is considered the “out” punch ends the session.
- End exit: Time from where it is not considered the punch belong to the session. If it is produced at the first session end and a second session exist, the employee will be considered on the second session. On contrary will be out of shift.
- Session exit: End of session. When an employee is absent with an event, it will count as work up to here.
What is the total session hours?
The total session hours defines the total time an employee must work through the session. The adding of the two sessions defines the Total session. This total does not have to be equal to the difference between first session start and second session.
- Workday limits: These limits establish the period in which the punches belong to the workday, counting double shifts and exceptional cases. These limits cannot overlap with sessions and cannot be greater than 24 hours. In usual cases it can be left 00:00 as “workday begins” and 23:59 for “workday ends”. In cases with rotation shifts it is convenient to adjust the limits at the “start entry” on the first session and adjust the “workday begins” to the “session exit”
- Extend entry events to the end of the session if there is no exit punch: this option allows us to have shifts larger than 24 hours, when we have and odd number of punches, if this option is selected the program will search the missing punch beyond the shift limits until all entries and exits are completed.
If you want to see more videos and tutorials about GoTime Cloud you may be interested in:
Download the GoTime Cloud App: